Monday, August 11, 2008

Maya's First Day Of Kindergarten




I have been looking forward to and at the same time dreading the day that Maya would be going to Kindergarten. This morning James gave Maya a Father's blessing. Then, of course Nicole had to have one-because she has to have everything Maya has. We drove her to school and then James had to leave to get to work. I stayed with her and waited for her teacher. There were so many worried looking parents-way more sad parents than kids. maya darted over to the playground and started to swing. We finally went into her classroom and I got all of her supplies out and ready and hung up her backpack. I was so sad inside but hid it because I didn't want her to be scared. I was the last parent in the room and she said "Mom, everyone has left but you". I didn't want to leave- I felt like I was abondoning her-giving away something so special to me. I know that she will have a blast and that my day will be a little more stress free, but I know I will miss her. Nicole has gotten so much attention today I'm sure she's wondering what is up. Anyway, I have successfully made it through this day. I can't believe how time flies.

7 comments:

Erica said...

I am totally crying right now because of so many things! AH-an emotional basket case but I know that I too can't wait for Porter to go to school and at the same time bawl my head off thinking I have to send him! IT is like bi-polar hahaha! We will miss you guys! I'll call u later! I'm dying to hear how the day went!

Cristi said...

Thea!!! YAY! Isn't it FANTASTIC that we've found each other! I'm so ecstatic about it! I can't believe you have a Kindergartener! Impossible! And holy cow - she looks like her dad!!

We're living in Utah. No babies yet, although not for a lack of trying. You probably read all about that on my blog!

I really miss you and would love to see you so keep me posted on when you might be coming to Utah! And we go to Arizona every once in awhile, so I'll do the same!

Mendy said...

The kindergarten drop off is the worst that first day! Is she is all day or half day? Emily started K this year too. Boy how time flys.. you will love being able to spend more time with your little ones and they will love it even more!

Kenningtons said...

First day of Kinder already? It doesn't seem like she is already 5! I'm glad you made it through the first day!!

Kristy Martin said...

SO??? How's life with only 2 kids?? If it hasn't calmed down yet, it will! Wait, is it all day up there also?? I still feel like we see Tanner ALL of the time around here-even with him gone all day....you're right the time just flies by.

123TifftFamily said...

Your girls are growing up so fast. I can't believe it! Anni started preschool, so I have a few hours a week with just Maria - a vision of the future!

Amy Jo Romney said...

What the heck, those quotes are the funniest things I've ever heard!!! Those girls are so funny. Hey, benj and I have a blog now. Its www.benjaminamyjo.blogspot.com.
Love ya,
Amy Jo