Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crazy







The past few weeks have been pretty crazy. School started which has been a big change. Maya has a great teacher named Miss Castellano. She is young and happy and Maya loves her. The first week was crazy because she wasn't used to all day Kindergarten. It is a long time to be away from home. Basically when she got home she was done being good and listening so she would throw crazy fits. She was just too exausted. She would tell me that her brain hurt and that she couldn't take anymore words. She has gotten a lot better and still wants to go back everyday so I am happy. I can't believe how much she has learned already. Some things I wish she wouldn't learn. She came home the other day and asked me how old she had to be to have a boyfriend. I was like are you kidding me, she is seriouly only in kindergarten. I guess this cute boy who sits next to her asked her if he could be her boyfriend. I told her to tell him that she can never have a boyfriend and that her dad is her boyfriend! Maybe that was totally the wrong answer, but I'm sure that will end the requests for awhile. Nicole has been doing ok at home but has entered this stage where she wants to wear these princess night gowns all day and even out of the house. It is driving me crazy. She went on a little playdate this week with her friend Penelope and she had a blast. She is really into this game where she tells me that a witch is after her and that she is going to throw her in the trash can. My kids love witch's- I can't wait for Halloween. So the other thing that was crazy is that Jamie got Chicken Pox. I could not believe it when I saw it. i took her into the doctor and he confirmed my fear. I has been bad for her. She was really sick for the first 4 or 5 days and is starting to get better. She looks like a little monster sores. They don't get the chicken pox vaccine ubtil a year old so she ran into bad luck. The hard part has been not being able to go anywhere. I am not a stay at home person and my kids go crazy inside the house all day. Luckily Maya has school or I would probably be dead by now. We also had this crazy storm and lightning hit about 100 yards from our house. Is wear the house shook and the sky went crazy. electrical storms in Arizona are so cool. The sky is continually flashing. We also had pieces of ice the size of quarters falling from the sky for about 4 minutes. It was nuts. Last night there was another storm and a swarm of termites come in through our garage and somehow got into my laundry room . There were hundreds of them-I almost died. The same thing happened last year during a storm and I thought that the whole house was infested with termites, but I guess they just come with the wind and then try to get in. They are gone today so I will be able to sleep without dreaming about termites.

5 comments:

Cristi said...

Thea!!! Look at your poor baby girl!!!

Mendy said...

Poor baby and poor you! James told us its been busy around your house. If we can help in anyway let us know! We want to have you guys over soon. Let us know when you feel up to it.

Mike and Ariane said...

I can't believe they let you be a mom! Holy cow! BTW, we just saw your mom and dad in Rexburg, still as goofy as ever!

Kenningtons said...

WOW! That is a crazy week. I would die if my laundry room was full of termites as well. Poor Jamie with her chicken pox!! I didn't even know babies got the chicken pox vaccine at one year!! Good to know!

Not quite Utards said...

Thea,
About the whole "boyfriend" thing...yeah, Savannah said the same thing after her first week in Kindergarten. She said someone asked her if Duncan (a boy in her class) was her boyfriend. We, too, told her that her only boyfriend was her Daddy and to tell anyone that asked her. (But that didn't stop her from writing him a love note and giving it to him the next day at school.) AAAAHH!!!