Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween




Well, the day is done and now the blues are setting in. Every time a holiday ends I get sad because you have to wait a whole year before the fun starts again. And I know that there are other holidays, but Halloween is always the kids' favorite. When the girls woke up I made ghost pankaces with whipping cream and chocolate chips-I am so healthy. I took a pretty cool picture of it, but my camera broke tonight so I can't post a lot of my cool pictures. We had lasana(brains) for dinner-that took about 5 hours to make-good grief, and breadsticks(fingers) and salad with bugs in it, and dirt cups- oh yeah, and lots of root beer, and around 50 bowls full of candy pretty much. Elisabeth and Colin came over to celebrate with us. We had so much fun trick or treating. Nicole was Ariel and Maya was a witch. Jamie was just comfortable in the stroller chewing on a light stick. The best was when people would leave their bucket of candy on the door step for kids to take a piece. Maya was like " Nicole, take more than that, they'r not even here". We had a few talks along the way and so many hilarious moments. Last year we went trick or treating and pretty much everyone was wearing their lingerie for a costume. Halloween in Arizona is like a free pass day to dress like a prostitute. I wonder what the prostitutue that ran into my house dresses up as on Halloween-maybe she says " ya know, I'm sick of being a prostitute" and dresses like a normal person-anyway. I just thought of the no clothing issue because Maya knocked on our neighbors door last year and his girlfriend came to the door in pretty much nothing. It was crazy. I came into Maya's room a little after I put her to bed and she was secretly sorting her candy into piles. I love this phenomenon. Even a 5 years old knows to take out all of the candy and sort it into piles. I remember doing this over and over again when the night was finished. We would go out all night and fill up our pillow cases ( you were really cool if you took your pillow case because it showed that you weren't into all the fluff-just pure numbers and loads of candy) Then we would come home and the sorting would begin-there was also trading and jealousy-no wonder my mouth is full of cavities-well worth it though- Nicole was pretty much passed out in her bed. Then we played Wits and Wagers ( a cool new game that my sister Jody told me about) I felt very stupid when it was over (trivia based) Anyway, it was a great day and I can't wait till next year.

1 comment:

Dominic said...

You played my game! (Google sent me a message saying my game was mentioned) That's awesome. I love reading about people enjoying my game.

Anyhow, enjoy!

Cheers,
Dominic
Designer of Wits & Wagers
www.NorthStarGames.com